Favourite Bread Pudding with Qaramella
8 slices of stale bread ( any kind )
500ml full cream milk *
1/3 cup caster sugar*
3 large eggs*
1 tsp vanilla*
1/2 cup raisins
A bit of cinnamon.
1. Cut bread into 4 ( diagonally) . You'll have 4 triangles from each bread. ( no need to remove crust ) . This is optional. You may choose to tear the bread into pieces.
2. Spread butter lavishly on one side of the bread and arrange them with butterside up in the casserole.
3. Mix all marked * in a large bowl. Pour 3/4 on to the bread. Poke with fork to allow better absorption. Leave for 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 175 deg celcious , boil some water, and add in the raisins in the remaining 1/4 egg mixture.
5. After 20 minutes, pour the remaining egg mixture and arrange the raisins on the bread pudding as u wish.
6. Sprinkle cinnamon on top ( optional )
7. Water bake with low water ( hot water boiled earlier ) about 30 minutes.
8. Tadaaa... siap !
9. Serve with Qaramella.
1. You can also use different kind of bread ie wholemeal bread, butterscotch bread or chocolate bread.
2. Raisins can also be replaced with other dried fruits.
Notes from Nurul
Tq for your interest in the recipe. This recipe is very easy to do with very basic ingredients. I have shared this recipe to many others and Alhamdulillah, nothing but good reviews. I hope you'll find this recipe beneficial.