Rainbow cake is visually fantastic !
This 4 layer rainbow cake is quite easy to make using our BBBPremium Butter Cake Premix and perfectly paired with cream cheese frosting. It is so much fun to make this and is not too labour intensive as you think, especially when baked using BBBPremium Butter Cake Premix.
Ok. Lets see the recipe. We will guide your until completion.
Butter Cake Premix
1 box BBBPRemium Butter Cake Premix (both packets needed)
250g Salted Butter
6 Eggs ( A size )
6 Tbs Vegetable
6 Tbs Full Cream Milk
1 1/2 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
1-2 drops yellow colour
1 Tablespoon Sunquick Orange
1-2 drops orange colour
1 tsp Strawberry Emulco
1 tsp Pandan Paste
This is how we do it.
1. Mix the butter cake ( bothp packets) as per instruction.
2. Split the batter into 4.
3. Add the additional ingredients as suggested above.
4. Pour the batter into 4x8 inch pans.
5. Bake for 12-15 minutes or when the skewer test comes clean.
Meanwhile, lets prepare the cream cheese frosting.
400g Cream Cheese (softened)
170g Butter (softened )
125g Icing Sugar ( sieve)
1/2 tsp vanilla
1. Combine all ingredients and mix until smooth ( do not overbeat)
( when cakes has cooled down entirely)
1. Take out green cake and place on a wide round plate.
2. Spread cream cheese frosting on the first layer.
3. Repeat the with step red, followed by orange and yellow.
4. over the whole cake with cream cheese frosting.
5. Decorate as you wish.
1. Assemble each layer with bottom cake facing up for a flatter cake.
2. You can definitely play around with the flavours and colours , however, based on our experience, these flavours work harmoniously together.
4. Cold cakes are much easier to handle. So we highly recommend you to put the layers in the fridge and work on them once they are quite hard and cold. Remember to wrap them in cling warp to avoid dryness.
5. Dont have enough pans? Make a 2 layer or 1 big layer of marble rainbow cake. It'll be just as awesome!
Notes from Nurul
Hi! Do you know that our rainbow cake is a bestseller at Brown Butter Bakes since it first made circa 2011. We still bake them till today with growing fans. This may seem a little tricky at first, but do attempt this and you'll see it is not as intimidating as it seems. Promise!